Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter in a Holler!

So we made the pilgrimage up to Ma & Pa's....yeah, yeah, yeah, I know - GET OVER IT! Such a hike to the Shenandoah Valley, pretty, but a hike! Sammy was already up there but Tyler wanted a ride AND a pickup! Ok, it was on the way so no problem, we just have a few issues about leaving our house in a timely manner (it's not me). However, my bright spark partner purchased a nice pickup truck with the teeny tiny backseat....so of course who got to ride in the "jump seat?" - yeah, short people get shafted. I sat sideways with my knees bouncing off my fat belly, trying to smoke out of that little back window aaahhhhh. As soon as we arrived, my beloved son made loud note of the fact that we arrived at 11:23 instead of ETA of 11:00. Hello, Eta!! No worries mon, we rollin'. Made Dad leave his station in the kitchen to come outside for the unveiling of the Big 50th Present (surprise no more - Sammy already told everyone it was a tree - Thanxs Sam?!?) Dad did a quick Dr. Jekyll and said "you better not have bought that - mean tone included", HA - what? Since when do we "BUY" presents? Jesus Y Maria.....y'all should know us better! The second most coveted Japanese Maple couldn't have found a better home, phew - I am so off the second born shit list. Dad was happy, Mom even acquiesced about the tree placement....I know what you're thinking so stop it! Dad was even happier that he didn't have to dig the hole for it and Tyler couldn't dig because it was making dirt enter his Crocs and he wasn't prepared to do yard work. Now that's funny! He got to lift instead and then complained because he left his wine on the deck.....Nana says he did just come off a 24+ hr. shift at the VFD and he looked tired - wah wah. All's good in the garden, Dad is busy in the kitchen, Sam is jumping around trying to get ANYone's attention and we finally got Sharon and her quite senior Mom settled. Tyler was opening another bottle of "Nora", great excuse to open more wine, totally takes away from the fact that he's opening ANOTHER bottle of wine. Mike comes in sweating and Dad asks him if he wants a shower?! No, he wants a fucking beer and he's only allowed ONE......he's pacing himself. A wee bit of socializing and foods ready! I am starving for a change - it was only 2:00! Everything was yummy, no serious faux pas at the table, Easter is on the upswing, Spring has Sprung:) I did start to tell everyone Sissy's itinerary but mom Sshushed me for some reason.........they just can't seem to get their heads around the Ashram and the detoxing, they both beat the psych ward or rehab! After all our smokie breaks, we moseyed upstairs to join in the Wii bowling. Lots of excitement, and Sharon's 88 year old mother was giving us all a run for our money! (If I'd known I was up against the Senior Home Wii champ, I might of put a little bit of a spin on it!) We finished up, everyone wanted to get on the road and for us that can take at least 1/2 hour! All was good, nobody fell over, no one was slurring or stumbling - Holla! Good day for all. Now a few xanax and the IPOD for the "holy effin jump seat" ride back home - on a full belly!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lordy! I knew somethin was up with stated approval - just be glad i can take the crazy role and you can relax in the saner seat (!)

Sissy said...

uhhhhhh - do i need to check if they need permanent help at the ashram???