Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Bittersweet Homecoming.....and more

Coming home from vacation is always bittersweet. When you are nearing the end of your time away you trick yourself into thinking that you are in actual fact ready to go home. Wrong, it's fucking denial. In your heart of hearts you know it will be EXACTLY the same as when you left. More stacked laundry, missed because nobody bothered to "restock" the groceries. What vacuum cleaner? I am supposing one should be grateful at this point that one is missed in any shape or form? Mid-life crisis is looking like the big answer right now, combined perhaps with my ever growing fear/hatred of being cold! It didn't help being the "are you Hope's mom" friend (although there is a compliment in there!!) It's kinda like the "are you expecting" thing....so not an upper when you are my age. Next vacation, I want some peeps my age, even older would be good:) Yes, definitely mid-life crisis, perimenopausal signs....Let me just throw in a quick "thanks" to the powers that be for giving me my second period in a month the day after I arrived at the beach. Who DOESN'T know that blood attracts sharks eh? WTF? Things I was really aware of this time around was the lack of medical facilities....more paranoia! What I would like more than anything would be to live ANYWHERE on the beach. For now I will settle for the pool and be grateful. Mom is coming over tomorrow, she reminded me twice that she guessed I would NOT be driving up there anytime soon. I can't. I know I need to go to bed so I can get up and see if it's pouring down in biblical proportions still, that's the deciding factor for mom coming or not. Why do I feel like an intervention is around the corner every time mom says she is coming over? It's weird, more paranoia. Elvina's was so much fun. I really miss dancing. I really miss drinking and dancing. I miss partying like it's 1999. Coconut rum and cranberry juice - it's real good! That would be good frozen too. I don't miss hangovers. I will stick to just dancing. Hope is fun to dance with. Hope is even more fun to drink with. She was talking to me in this picture and the next minute she was asleep. I was a good friend and left her on the couch cause she looked so peaceful. I want my own conga's now. I like playing the conga's. Playing the conga's is surely good exercise. I am going to look for conga's at the pawn shop or ebay. I miss my loud music stereo system. When we finish the basement I will be too old to enjoy loud music. Surely. I applied for another job on Elance. No response. I think I am to familiar in my proposal responses. Or honest. Not worth the paranoia. I smoked less ciggies on vacation. I walked alot on vacation. I like that. I could look for shells everyday. No problem. I could eat fish everyday. But a little bacon is always nice.

2 comments:

Crazy Fun Mama said...

I had SOOOO much fun with you!! You totally rocked on the congas!! Luv ya!

Sissy said...

Home Sweet Home - ya got your memories and the next time...