Thursday, February 12, 2009


THE SEA SHE LOVED


I used to dream my life would be

As picture perfect as the sea.

Rolling and waving upon the shore

without a care, I'd worry no more.


Then one day it dawned on me...

My life was nothing like the sea.

The waves did crash and roar with might

I did not fear the end in sight.


Don't follow me take not my hand

Heaven won't crumble like the sand.

I want to ebb as does the tide

My heart is stronger than my pride.


Soon I know that I'll be free

Me as One - with the sea.

The shells belong as does the beach

I am lost and out of reach.


Say a prayer and think of me

While I float within the sea.

I did not plan to be renown

As the lover you let drown.


Perri


I think I got them ole Kozmic Blues again.......

2 comments:

Marnie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marnie said...

To My Dear, Sweet Cuz,

You can be as happy as you would like...it is an aquired habit.

I used to be mentacidal...meaning I could think myself to death. Or I suffered from mentacidal tendencies...whatever works. It is so not worth it! When all the negative thoughts would come up, I learned to say, "Shut the F_ck up!" or , "I don't know and I don't care." I made up a few good comments to make the thoughts stop.

Just find something else to focus on...your own breathing is a good place to start.

I admire your honesty. When we were growing up, I wanted to be fun, just like I thought you were. I wish we lived closer. I wish that stupid things wouldn't get in the way of Love. :)

That fun girl is still in there...I know it! :) You can uncover all the things in the way and find her again.

Love,

Marnie