Tyler called and asked if Sammy and I wanted to come up to the Fire Dept. and take a tour as it was quiet. I was in my pj's....at 4 in the afternoon....I had lost Samantha to, what I assumed correctly, the woods....letting her BFF borrow her coat in 35 degrees or less weather.....
So, I got my ass in the bathroom and did my quick blow away of the bed head, brushed the teeth & washed the face....
put on standard - levis that go up without undoing, smelly Uggs, sweater and black jacket Sissy left.And just before I was about to leave I gave a quick buzz to Tyler and no answer? AAGGGHHH
Tried again and he had to go out on quick call.....so we took our coats off and waited a half an hour while Mike hmmmd, and aahhhd at the Applebees menu online. Decided to keep our $20 cert. for another weekend.
Got coats back on and headed over to Lake Jackson. Bloody cold out again. Nice short, country road drive. Tyler was standing out front waiting for us! Showed us all around super fancy, and high tech Lake Jackson VFD. Huge! We saw everything. Gorgeous kitchen with a really huge, industrial like, patterned stainless steel table - flat screen. TV room with huge flat screen and ginormous leather chairs that lean back OMG! Stadium like seating! State of the art gym....more flat screens. Super nice sleeping area with pillow top mattress. Individual bathrooms with toilet, sink & shower in each. OMG! Better than a home away from home. Volunteering is a good thing!
We got to go in brand new state of the art ambulance, fire truck! It was all super exciting and I could tell how proud Tyler was. He is going to be an awesome EMT!!
I am a very proud mom!
0 comments:
Post a Comment